Mini Quiches for Mini Humans
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 2/3 c grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 2/3 c fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 c sweet corn kernels (no added salt)
- 1/3 c cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 c frozen peas
- 1/3 c chopped bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a 12-hole silicone muffin pan.
- Put the eggs, milk, cheese, and butter in a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Stir in your chosen filling (if any), then pour the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each hole to around two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the quiches are rich golden brown and nicely risen.
- Leave the quiches in the pan for at least 20 minutes (they will sink a little) before turning them out to finish cooking.
**Make ahead and keep in refrigerator for 3-5 days or freeze.
Source: The Baby-Led Weaning Family Cookbook by Gill Rapley, PhD, and Tracey Murkett