5 Thanksgiving Day Tips
Dear Fabulous Client,
Real for You Nutrition would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Here are 5 Tips from me to you...
1. Be Thankful. When you are grateful for all the wonderful things in your life, your mind is in a positive state that no one can take away from you. Take a moment to reflect on the people and things that you are thankful for.
2. Don't skip breakfast. Your metabolism doesn't change for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Get the engine running with a breakfast that includes protein such as an omelet casserole or for something light and easy consider a protein shake. Premier pre-mixed shakes and Unjury protein powder mixed with 8 oz unsweet almond milk or light soy milk are still my favorites!
3. Take the anti-couch potato approach! Find a way to work some activity into your day. It's not too late to sign up for a local Turkey Trot walk/run, walk 10 minutes one way and 10 minutes back for a mental breather, or get the active video game competition going!
4. Have a slice of dessert if you want it. Have I mentioned that Thanksgiving is only one day? If you deprive yourself, it could lead you to future sabotage that you really don’t want. You can work out an extra 10-20 minutes or take an extra 300-500 steps the next day. The key is not to bring leftovers home or give the leftovers away (if you are hosting).
5. Enjoy the time with family and friends. No matter where you are, it is up to you to bring joy to your day. Focus on the great things and leave the toxic people behind!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and don’t forget to visit Real for You Nutrition for upcoming events and specials!